Other Underwriting Information about Communities
What Other Underwriting Information about Communities Will ISO Make Available to Insurers?
ISO will make available underwriting reports including the following information:
- size of municipality
- population of municipality
- fair market value of all buildings
- natural hazards common to the area
- number of building permits issued
- number of inspections completed
- funding mechanism for building department
- history of building department, codes, and enforcement
When will those reports become available?
After ISO publishes the building code classifications in the Public Protection Classification (PPC®) manual.
For more information on any topic related to the Building Code Effectiveness Grading Schedule (BCEGS®) program, Contact ISO Mitigation, or call the ISO mitigation specialists at 1-800-444-4554.
Note: Average state classifications and scores are calculated using the latest available BCEGS results from graded communities in each state. As ISO evaluates communities on a 4-to-5 year recurring cycle, data used in the averages may not be from the same period in time. Averages are not weighted, and no community data is counted more than once in the calculation of a state’s average.